Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year, Happy old year

2010  was an unequivocally happy year. As I browsed back through all of the posts and all of the photos, the one thing I kept saying over and over again was that I was so crazy happy. I think it is the combination of having a marriage, finally, having children finally and being in a second year here in morocco. This country is not the easiest of places to settle in, but once you do and once it gets in there, it gets in there deep. It gets in there real and it fuses with every single part of your soul.

In my second year here, in the second year of marriage and motherhood and Morocco...I have been quite happy. I will greet 2011 looking forward to continued Independence. A continued return to myself. More vacations, more family moments, more writing, more growth, more more more. More life.

As a disclaimer before I post this I would like to clarify that my life is not all roses and fun and happy and yeah. But I am a huge believer in creating your own reality and the reality is that I have a lot to be thankful for and I have spent years wallowing in my own self agony and I am just simply not going to do it anymore.

I am going to embrace this phase of my life and keep trying to move forward, keep loving and living and trying to be positive everyday so that I can muster the strength to make it through my days. So that I can meet the challenge it is to be a wife and a mother and an employee and an artist.

No comments: